Last updated 12 October 2020
With new options, think of things like adding more player races to select from, or extra class archetypes, feats, magic items, spells, creatures to wild shape into, you name it!
The below video and guide shows you how to add the Blood Hunter class by Matthew Mercer to the sheet by using an import script file that has been written by MorePurpleMoreBetter.
If you already have found a script you want to import, go ahead and skip to step 2.
Or watch the video below instead. The link used at the start of the video is found below the video, in step 1.
To get such a file, you have two general options. Most of the time, option A will suffice, to find a script written by somebody else.
For this guide, we are going to use script file written by MorePurpleMoreBetter for the Blood Hunter class by Matthew Mercer. This file resides on GitHub and downloading files from GitHub to you local machine is done in three easy steps:
- Follow this link to MPMB’s GitHub page with the script for the Blood Hunter class.
- On that page, click the “Raw” button at the top right.
- Now you will be brought to a website with nothing but text. Press Ctrl + S (or Command + S on Mac) to save this page to your local machine.
- Next, go ahead to step 2 for importing this file into a MPMB’s Character Record Sheet.
Make sure you are using one of MPMB’s Character Record Sheets of version 12.999 or newer! You can find the version number at the bottom of every page of the PDF.
You can get the newest version by going to the download section of this website.
Here are the steps followed in the video above:
- Open a MPMB’s Character Record Sheet PDF in Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.
- Open the bookmark pane on the left and go to the Functions >> Add Extra Materials bookmark.
- In the menu that opens, select Import a file with additional material.*
- In the dialog that opens, click the button Add file.
- Browse to the script file that you saved in step 1 and click Open.
- You should see the file added to the list on the left in the dialog. Click Apply changes to confirm the dialog.
- You will get a pop-up telling you if the import succeeded or failed and you will subsequently be brought to the Source Selection dialog to further determine what of the added sources and options you would like to allow in the sheet.
- Use the sheet as normal with the new content you just imported.
* The same menu can be found by clicking the Import button , (or Functions >> Import/Export bookmark) and going to the Add homebrew material (custom script) submenu.
Also, inside the Source Selection dialog (which opens with the Sources button or Functions >> Source Material bookmark), you can get to the same menu with the Get more button.