Bring Character from old To New Sheet
Last updated 16 April 2021
MPMB’s Character Record Sheet is just a PDF file, meaning that it can’t update itself with newer features like a piece of software can. Instead, you can download the latest version and import your character from an older file into the newer version.
You can see in the video below how to do that, as well as read it in the steps detailed below the video.
Here are the steps followed in the video:
- Open the newest version of MPMB’s Character Record Sheet PDF in Adobe Acrobat Reader DC and make sure no other PDFs are open in Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.
- Click the Import button , (or Functions >> Import/Export bookmark).
- In the menu that opens, select Import a character directly from another MPMB’s Character Sheet PDF.
- This will open a dialog that gives you 2 options. The 1st option is a faster solution in the long term, but the 2nd option is easier and quicker if you are doing this only once. Click the button at the bottom that reads Click here to Open the Console.
- This should open a dialog named IMPORT FROM PDF DIALOG. Click the Browse button and navigate to the older PDF that you want to import into the newer.
- The dialog should now update with the path to the file in the input field. Lastly, confirm the dialog by clicking Import (takes a while).
- Adobe Acrobat Reader DC will be unresponsive while it imports the old character sheet into the new. Once it is done, you will see a pop-up message telling you if the the import succeeded or failed and some additional information what to look out for. Please read this pop-up carefully, as it will inform you of things you need to check.
- Now save this file and open your old character sheet along side it. Go though the new file and see if everything imported correctly and fix anything you manually altered in the old file that wasn’t imported correctly.